What is WordPress?
What is WordPress? WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS) that made easy to create the blog in few minutes. It was introduced in 2003 and became one of the prominent web publishing platform.
WordPress is used by 54% of users compared to other Content Management System (CMS) like Durpal & Joomla.
WordPress is simple and easy to use. It provides thousands of free themes, plugins to start a website for the beginners. It takes less than hour to create a blog and understand its feature.
You can start your own blog in 30 minutes. You need…
1. Domain Name
2. Web Hosting
6. Create Menu
Domain name is the address of the website. You can purchase domain name from popular registrar like Namesilo, Namecheap, and Godaddy that typically cost $15 per year. Some company provides free domain name for first year with the purchase of hosting plan.
Domain name has to host with web server to make the blog live in the internet. Best hosting companies provides best blog optimization and performance that boost the blog and engage customers. Choosing web host can be the big deal for the beginners because performance matters for successful blog. You can host with WordPress recommended hosting company like bluehost, siteground, dreamhost and inmotion hosting. Basic plan may cost upto $7 per month.
Once you have your domain name and hosted server you can download WordPress from official site.
Installing WordPress have become easy with CMS installer Softaculous that hosting company provides with cPanel. Once you get the hosting plan you will get access to the cPanel. Learn: “How to install WordPress?“
WordPress provides free and premium themes. Free themes are ad supported where Premium theme includes additional features. You can install theme in few click from WordPress dashboard. Learn “How to install WordPress themes“.
- TS Photography: This theme is build for photographer, photo blogging, photo sharing, travels, sports, foods and portfolio blogs. It is SEO friendly and 100% responsive.
- Seos Photography : It is also 100% responsive designed for publishing photoes.
- Trade Hub: This responsive theme build for multi-purpose like finance, accounting, and corporate website.
- News Unlimited: The stylist and clean theme build for publishing news and magazines blogs.
- Freddo: It is 100% responsive and designed for multi-purpose blog with slider and team section.
- Journal Blog: This blogging themes is simple but stylish. It is optimized for SEO and 100% responsive.
Plugins adds additional features to your blog. In few clicks you can install and activate Plugins from WordPress dashboard. Learn “How to install WordPress plugins“
- Jetpack: Jetpack is powerful plugin developed by WordPress that boost blog speed and increase traffic. It also protect the blog from DDoS attack like brute force attack.
- Yoast SEO: Yoast SEO optimize the blog in search engine like Google, Bing and Yahoo. It’s simple and easy features optimized and rank your blog in the search engine.
- Contact Form: The plugin creates contact form for your customer. Contact form allow you to receive the message from your customers.
Menu navigate the visitor to your content of the blog. WordPress provides you easy tools to create menu in few minute. Learn “How to create Menu bar“.
Now, you can start posting the content using post option available in WordPress dashboard . Learn “How to publish post?“.